Friday, June 3, 2011

The Five Pennies A Day Project - The Beginning

So please let me start from the beginning-
Because the beginning is the perfect place to start.

I am a music teacher for 9 years.
In a small country school way out in the fields of cows and corn.
I have a beautiful 4 year old son.

But really, this project all started with me attending an educational conference last summer of 2010. There I met a wonderful educator who talked about how he taught his kids to do 5 good intentional acts of kindness a day. He called this the 5 pennies. Each morning he would give his students 5 pennies to place in their right pocket and for every good deed the student would move one to the left.

I was captured by this story and wanted to do this myself.

So I decided to run this for an entire year.
Starting Date: July 10, 2010
Ending Date: July 10, 2011

I wanted to see if I could do the 5 pennies a day.

I wanted to see how this would change my life.
I wanted to see if it made a difference in other's lives.

Some of the pennies are simple; some are complex; some are serious; and some are humorous.
But all are true and worth well more than 1 cent.

So thus begins, "How to Heal the World With Pocket Change"

And here's my adventure

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day. I really enjoyed your answers there and the fact that you took the time to contribute!

    This is such a great project. I skimmed a few of your recent posts and then had to find the beginning to see what was up. What an encouraging thing to do - so upbeat rather than the usual bad news.

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete