Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 42

1. Put favorite gun in gym teacher's mailbox
               So I do this wonderful workout program with a group of other staff members before school on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays; and after school on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Anyway, I often use the female gym teacher's office/locker/bathroom area to put myself together after the workouts. The one day I noticed that by her computer by the bathroom was a pack of gum. I instantly knew that the next time I was at the grocery store I would look for this particular flavored gum for her. That's what I did and this is what I did with it.

2. Complimented the secretary based on her outfit
          So we have 3 secretaries within my school. All have a different purpose even though their jobs sometimes blend into each other. This one particular secretary has her own unique style of fashion. I find that her outfits are marvelous, eccentric, bold, unique, etc. There is no way I could pull off some of the clothes that she wears. However, the best thing about them though is that she feels perfectly comfortable in everything - as it is her second skin. Either she is that confident in her beauty or completely nuts - knowing that she helps runs the school, I am leaning toward the beauty & confidence answer.

3. Helped clean up cafeteria by picked up trash and washing tables
              I must admit it; I am not a fan of lunch duty. Grant it, I don't mind helping - but I could use the time elsewhere. There is just something about watching teenage boys engulf their food just to get up and go get more - it is not appealing. I normally lose my appetite on lunch duty days for this particular reason. So I have figured that while I must serve my lunch duty shift - I will make myself productive. I will help the cafeteria workers and custodians by assisting in cleaning up trash and washing tables.

4. Filled up both copiers with paper for other teachers
            Ok so a pet peeve of mine is that while I am in a hurry to copy something for a class that is about to begin in approximately 30 seconds - I am also fighting with the copiers because they have run out of paper. This was just something easy to do so that other teachers would not find themselves stressing out over silly things.

Note: Just simply check the paper when you leave the copier and make sure that there is plenty for the next person.

5. Returned materials found in copier room to another music teacher
           Ok, so I have done this before in that I have left my original at the copier. Later on when I have realized my mistake I have gone back to retrieve it only to find it in the trash can or not existing at all. So this time and from now on, if I find an original document at the copier I will try to give it back to it's owner. Some of this will be easy because I know what content the teacher teaches, their style of paperwork, and oh yeah if it has their name on it. Others, well I will have to make the best guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment