Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 44

1. Wiped down the Children's tables in the Worship Center at church
          Me and my cleanliness. You forget about how dirty something is until you clean it and then you look at the wipe that you used. I feel better because I know that the kids are now playing, reading, and coloring at a clean surface now.

2. Thanked sermon giver because she explained how lyrics of a particular song related to Thy Word
           Although I enjoy the sermons from the regular pastor, I always like having visitor pastors or various speakers do the talking from time to time. They often give a new perception and outlook on a topic that we have discussed previously. Or, for this particular day, they bring something new to the table that has yet to be discussed. Being a music teacher, I always like hearing the back story of how a song was created and what the lyrics actually and really mean - it gives me a new appreciation of the music, performers, and composer.

3. Helped elderly man receive Communion
          Just by holding his and hand and easing him up - the smallest gesture gave him strength.

4. Thanked another person in sharing with me the hand motions to a song
           I completely forgot the motions and I am normally the one to leads this activity during the service. I was so grateful that someone else remembered.

5. Advised another parent of where to get cost friendly school supplies
           Since I just put together 12 book bags for the church summer mission project - I am a pro at bargain hunting for school supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment