Sunday, June 26, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 85

1. Picked up trash on a walk with son and dog
          I am beginning to enjoy keeping my street and area nice and clean for everyone to enjoy - especially the other kids that live near me.

2. Picked up toys at street festival
           So there was this stand at the street festival that advertised various books and toys for everyone to look at. I normally stop at these types of stands to let my son pick out something - a book and a small trinket toy. As we were perusing the area, I noticed that there were some toys that were knocked over. I just simple went over to the pile of toys, picked them back up, and put them back on the shelf. Easy.

3. Bought mother her favorite soda at the street festival
           She didn't have enough money because she bought some books of her own. I remember being little and her often buying me a drink at similar events. I just wanted to take care of her.

4. Wrote a "Thinking of You" card to a person on the church surgery list
          I really don't know much about this particular person, but I still wanted to write them a card. Sometimes it is easier to say hello, hey how are you, have a nice, etc. to those that you don't know because you don't have the pressure that a regular relationship brings. Besides, I think that anyone would like to hear that someone is thinking of them - regardless if they know them or not.

5. Bought flowers for another teacher who invited me to a party
            So another teacher from school throws this annual pot-luck party every fall. The food there is the most delicious stuff that I get to eat the entire year - and I am not a pork/ham type of person! I often don't know many people that go to this event, but her house & farm area is just really peaceful to be at. The sunset the settles behind the hill of her house is really spectacular to look at. So between the food and the sun - I'm really fortunate to be invited to such an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment