Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 45

1. Placed a recent golf magazine on the desk of another teacher whose favorite hobby is this sport
           To begin with, if you are a male teacher - I give you a lot of respect - we definitely need more of them in every school. Anyway, there is this wonderful male teacher in my building that gets along so wonderfully with the students. He just relates so much with the students and the faculty because he is genuinely a nice guy. So while I was grocery shopping the other day, I saw a golf magazine and instantly thought of him. I just wanted to do something nice for him because he is so nice to everyone else.

2. Complimented another teacher based on her jewelry
            I don't have much jewelry - mainly for the fact that some I am allergic to, others I break too easily, and then there are some artifacts that I have lost something. Besides, I am not a type of lady that looks put together - so I just try to keep things simple. Anyway, this particular teacher had a really beautiful necklace on. It was really unique looking and hand crafted because of the different jewels that were involved. The necklace just enhanced her normal beauty.

3. Got a teacher friend her favorite drink from the supermarket because the school's soda machine was out
           The person that is in charge the soda machine has been really busy with coaching the school's volleyball team. She works really hard at this extra job in addition to her regular school job. So I didn't want to harass her about the soda machine, when I can easily go to the supermarket and get what I need.So in essence this penny really helped 2 people indirectly.

4. Bagged another person's groceries
            So from my last experience of the guy accusing me that I was stealing his food, I was really leery in doing this activity again. However, this time I asked the person first if they wanted some extra help - which at first they said no, but then asked. Why is it hard for us to admit and ask for help in life sometimes?

5. Put back several chairs after an evening meeting for other parents
           I was putting mine away, so it was just easy to take care of others in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment