Saturday, June 25, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 83

Wow, the last day in September!
I think that Greenday said it best, "Wake me up, when September ends." Beautiful song.

1. Bought simple picture frames for another teacher.
                So this is a relatively newer teacher to our school that I really don't know that much information about except that she teaches science. I do know that she has two daughters that she cares very much about. She has pictures of them displayed all around her desk and her computer. Sort of like a display of pride. I did notice that the corners of the pictures were starting to curl up. So at this sight I was keeping my eyes open for some simple picture frames for her to use. Bingo - I found some!

2. Made a special breakfast for son
              He had a rough day at school yesterday with another older boy picking on him. I just wanted to do something nice for him so that he knew that I loved him. We normally have extended breakfast time on the weekend where we have fresh baked goodies - but today was different - he needed something extra. Baked cinnamon twists it was!

3. Wrote thank you notes to various teachers in preparing a special activity for the students
                Some of the teachers are preparing a special field day for tomorrow as a team building project. We have never done this before at our school, so everyone involved is a little anxious about how this event is going to go. But I have faith in them and I am sure that things will turn out well. Either way, they all deserved a special thank you.

4. Picked up student artwork and supplies that were accidentally left on the floor in the middle of the hallway.
            The end of the period came quicker than what this student realized. So while they hurried to their next class so that they wouldn't be late, I offered to clean up after them. Their artwork was really interesting to look at - as for me, I am a stick figure type of gal.

5. Sat and talked to a new student to welcome her to our school
             It is very nerve racking to be new somewhere. The only two hopes that I personally have when I am in this type of position is to:
                1. Survive the day
                2. Be rescued by someone
So by talking to this new student, I was trying to help with both of these possible hopes for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment