Monday, June 13, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 35

1. Got an extra cup of coffee for another staff member
                Ok, I admit it. Sometimes during staff meetings I get cranky. So unfortunately I let this show towards another staff member. I can't even remember what I said or did - but I know that I was grumpy and the person didn't like it. So to say sorry, I bought them an extra coffee with an apology.

Note - Always find a reason to say your sorry and be really sincere. It will go a long way.

2. Got extra doggie treats for a new teacher that just got and talked about a puppy
          I'm a sucker when it comes to pets. I always had one while growing up. Fish, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, and especially cats. Although I may complain about them and being the one that currently takes care of my son's dog - I still like having them around - I may even work up to loving 'Filbert' if he can remember to use the outside as his bathroom area. Anyway, kids and dogs/cats just go together. I was really happy that this new teacher was eager to join our staff family and instantly started to share her personal life with everyone. It takes me awhile to open up to someone, so I'm always impressed with those that can do it with ease. She seems to be a really nice lady.

3. Bought cheese sticks for other staff members at lunch
          So there was a group of us that went out to lunch today on this professional development day. During the regular school day we normally do not have time to talk to eat other, let alone have a nice lunch to catch up on life. Anyway, the one staff member wanted some cheese sticks for lunch but did not have enough of money. I don't like to eat cheese sticks because of the oil & cheese, but I knew that the other teacher was really hungry for them - just something simple to do.

4. Wrote a good luck card to God Son for the start of the new school year.
             One of my God Son's graduated from Kindergarten last spring and is now a full first grader. I try to write extra special notes for him because at such an early age he has a very unique home life. His oldest sister lives in a separate home to help her with various problems, the other sister is a full teenager with her own friends and identity, and then he is sort of by himself. Unfortunately, his father passed away while he was only 2 and his mother is still carrying that burden. So he has to live the rest of his life with limited male role models. This child is going to need a lot of extra love and compassion.

Note: If you have the opportunity to be a God Parent - be active. It is more than just a day and a church ceremony.

5. Wrote a get well card for another teacher at school who just had a surgery
            Since we are given a staff list of names and addresses, this was just simple and easy to do. Everyone likes good mail - cards that wish us well, that sympathize with us, that provides us an extra sense of encouragement. Even if you buy a pack of blank cards and a book of stamps - challenge your self to write a card a week. The messages can be very simple or lengthy - but find someone who needs help in health or verification in appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment