Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 9

Cleaning...My happiness

1. Gathered up all the Bibles after Worship Service
             It amazes me how people just let their Bible lay wherever on the chairs/pews. I mean this book is sacred - it deserves respect.

2. Straighten up the Church Children's Library
             During the summer time different books happen to appear without anyone to check them in or put them back on the shelves. It was just something to do to keep things nice. Maybe I was a librarian in a former life? Maybe Marian the Librarian - ok, that is a joke for all of the musical geeks out there, "Music Man."
            
3. Wiped the piano keys on the keyboard for the other musician
              The woman who normally plays piano for the praise band was on vacation today and another person filled in. I am very particular after my students play my piano at school - I can feel their oils and whatever they had on their hands after wards. So cleaning the keys just made sense to me - besides you can never be too clean - right?

4. Disinfected door knobs, water fountain, computer, and more with sanitizer
          Ok, as you can tell my cleaning quirk was in full swing this morning!
          But cleaning is good. It keeps people healthy!

5. Vacuumed alter after the Worship Service was over
          So since it is the summer time, the cleaning people take it a little more lax in their job of keeping the worship center up to par. When the person in front of my accidentally dropped their communion bread, I noticed that there were a lot of crumbs on the floor. So for the rest of the service, that is where my mind was stuck.

Must clean, must clean, must clean.

Note: Cleanliness is close to Godliness - it's just a form of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment