Friday, June 24, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 79

1. Got bells and music ready for other musicians prior to service
            Have you ever ran late for something that you were supposed to perform in? Well, the was happening to the woman beside me. She came in last minute because of car trouble. She was completely exasperated. She wasn't mentally with us. So the least that I could do was to help her in this way.

2. Cleaned children's and adult's snack tables
           So after service we have this thing called coffee hour - where we share light refreshments and some light chit-chat. Anyway, I noticed that there was a stain on the one table that the children often gather to share. So I wiped it with a cleaner and then decided that maybe I should also go over the adult tables and coffee ends too. Those cleaning clothes were certainly dirty afterwards, but everything else was clean!

3. Returned water bottle to a church choir member
             I have lost many water bottles due to putting it down and walking away from it. Ok, so I do this with my keys at least 3-5 times a week. And this was a pretty nice water bottle too! Since I knew who it belonged to, it was easy just to return it to them.

4. Bough elderly neighbor an Autumn outside decoration for her porch
              This was a smiling scarecrow stick figurine for her porch steps. She loves to have her daughter and her grandkids come over and help her decorate her house for the changing seasons. The little scarecrow was just something extra that I saw to add to her annual collection.

5. Returned shopping carts to grocery store
              They were having their own congregational meeting in the middle of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment