Saturday, June 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 33

1. Bought a donut for a random customer
             He was already having a cup of coffee - the donut was only an extra 55 cents - why not?

2. Wrote "Thank You" cards for son's birthday party for members at his school
            His pre-k teacher is so wonderful. Even though he has a summer birthday and it was actually on a weekend, the teacher made sure that he had time to celebrate it with his classmates. Anytime someone is nice to my kid - they automatically earn extra brownie points from me!

3. Bought smiley magnets for another teacher
            So in my school there are a few of us that have the common thread of OCD tendencies - or we at least like to be super organized and neat. The one staff member is a very wonderful person. She works extremely hard at her job and many people don't understand how vital she is to our school even though she isn't a direct teacher - she is in charge of Special Education Case Load Manager. Anyway, this past summer I had the opportunity to go along with her to a workshop about differentiated instruction - the conference that I first learned about the 5 Pennies. So obviously this teacher has a particular place in my heart, even though I don't know much about her - I know that she is a good person. So I just wanted to do something nice and know that she uses a lot of magnets within her office to keep things organized. Just to cheer her up on a stressful day - I bought smiley ones.

4. Helped clean up food after a morning meeting
           So I had another teacher meeting for the current class that I am taking. It was really nice that the program coordinators of this class bought the participating teachers breakfast - so it was only fitting that I helped clean up the trash and remaining amount of food. Just something easy to do to repay the nice gesture.

5. Advised a pregnant woman about water aerobics class & the health benefits
           Yes, I did this while I was pregnant with my son. It was wonderful. The pool was heated, I got to talk to other mommy's to be, and it was the opportunity to have a little me time. When I was younger, I loved to swim - I can't, but I loved the pool while growing up. Anyway, it was a perfect exercise to do while pregnant because it helped with strengthen and weight control, but also the warm water was like a wonderful enveloping feeling. Post baby - I wish that I had time to take an adult swimming class.

No comments:

Post a Comment