Monday, June 6, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 15

1. Bought neighbor a birthday card & flowers
               So I was floored when my elderly woman neighbor told me that she was turning 80! Yes, 80! I knew that she was older, but I didn't imagine that age. Someone that has lived that long of a life should have everyone celebrating for them.

2. Return a wheel chair back for an elderly shopper.
              I was coming out of the grocery store and noticed that there was a daughter and her mother getting ready to leave. The daughter safely got her mother into their car but was not feverishly trying to put the groceries in before the rain started to set in. Oh yeah - I forgot that part - it was drizzling. So the very least that I could do is to return their wheel chair as the woman finished up putting the groceries away. Again, help the elderly any time that you can. It will be you one day.

3. Shook and thanked the doctor's hand
               So I was at the doctors for myself earlier in the day. Apparently, the sinus infection that my son had - well he wanted to share the love! So I needed to see the doctor myself. My regular doctor was on vacation so I had to see another. He was very nice, gave me a prescription for medicine, and eventually made me feel better - how good is that!

4. Bought mother her favorite candy
            So while I was at the doctors, my mother offered to watch my son. It is easier to have this help sometimes because I know that a doctor's office isn't the most exciting place for a 4 year old to wait. So just to show my appreciation, I got her favorite candy as a sign of respect and gratitude.

By the way - it was Peppermint Patties

5. Bought my step father his favorite cookies
              Again, I just wanted to show my appreciation. And for those who wanted to know - it is an Oreo. Although my step father, like any other human male specie, really enjoys any type of cookies, cakes, or candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment