Monday, June 13, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 36

1. Picked up trash while walking dog this morning
               This has just become a regular routine. Please understand that I am not saying that I live in a filthy area. I don't and for the most part things are fairly clean. I just want to help make things cleaner - my wonderful OCD.

2. Said "Bless You" when a random person sneezed at the store
               I love saying "Bless You" for this type of reason. There was a famous movie a way while back - Singles - that the character stressed the importance of this. I know refer to it as an 'art form' that is dying because many people forget or just don't even care. The character also compared the different ways to say "Bless You" - which I totally agree with her statement of 'Gesundheit' not being as nice. So anyway, just saying 'Bless You' is an easy way to be respectful and show someone that you care. Unless you are like my mother who gets into sneezing fits that last for 5-10 minutes with beyond several sneezes occurring. I just wait till the moment has passed and saying one encompassing "BLESS YOU."

3. Helped another child out of a kids ride
             My son loves this really inexpensive ride. Basically if you do not know anything about it. They take some old barrels cut out a top slot, join them together, and then a tractor pulls them along like a big snake. Maybe you have never seen this, but my kid loves this ride - forget Hershey Park, 6 Flags, or any other amusement park - just give my kid a tractor and barrel

4. Gave suggestions to another parent about resolving an ear infection with his child
             As I was helping this little girl out of the barrel ride, I noticed that she had a cotton ball in her ear. This only means 1 thing - ear infection. I was plagued by this constantly while I was a child and still often as an adult. So I gave him some tips to try with his daughter in the future.

5. Returned a lost phone at an outside family festival
                 I lose my keys all of the time and extremely grateful whenever someone finds them and returns them - I can imagine the same discomfort with a phone - I am getting use to liking & using mine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment