Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 7

1. Paid for duck food for another child at zoo
               It was a simple extra 50 cents for a handful.
               However, what I like to do is recycle the food. When kids feed ducks some of the food actually goes to the animal, but most of it spills onto the ground. If you then pick up the dropped food and reuse it to feed the ducks, the activity last twice as long for less money. I learned this trick from my mother who would often find frugal ways to entertain 3 kids.

2. Helped lift a stroller over the stairs for another mother at the zoo.
       Bless her heart. She had a 4 year old, a soon to be 2 year old, and was newly pregnant. Doing all of this by herself. I had to help, not because of a penny - but out of compassion and common courtesy.
 
3. Cleaned up the eating area at the zoo.
              Again, my OCD is helpful! Since it was a Friday in the middle of the summer, yes obviously the zoo was extremely busy. Enjoyable, but busy. The least that I could do to help other families enjoy.

4. Bought another child a Popsicle at the zoo to enjoy.
            My son is very much lactose intolerant - so enjoying ice cream just doesn't happen. Instead, I normally buy him a popsicle. This time, the popsicle came in a package of two. He barely eats one, so we gave the other to another child to enjoy.

5. Cleaned up a hand washing area by picking up trash towels that were on the ground.
              Something simple to do to keep things clean and neat for others.       

No comments:

Post a Comment