Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 51

 1. Sent an e-card to a friend and her son wishing them a good first day of school tomorrow.
              She is a teacher that works in a different county as well as her son attending a school in a different county - so basically, they start school later that I have. She recently moved from my school to another school to be closer to her son - practical thinking. She had a rough first year last year, but is optimistic that things will be better this year. We shall see. Really, I just wanted to be nice and let her know that I was thinking about her.

2. Passed out Bibles to all of the outside pews at church service
               It was before service started and I had some extra time on my hands. So just something simple to do.

3. Brought out special chair for an elderly man
             This helped him the last time, so I just wanted to make sure that he was taken care of this time as well.

4. Cleaned up after Children's Sermon
              This was a special sermon because it involved lots and lots and lots of blocks. I swear my son is going to be an architect because he loves to build. He will study his building, tilt his head, then make some modifications. Sometimes he will even do some basic drawings prior to building. I don't know if was listening to the sermon, but he was at least involved in some shape or form.

5. Returned bank card to the owner
             This bank card accidentally fell out of the pocket of the person who was sitting in the outside pew during service. I was happy to do this because I knew that I would want the same care if it happened to me. Bank cards are both wonderful and scare things - you can use them easily and you can use them easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment