Monday, June 13, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 37

1. Took 12 completed book bags that were packed with several different items to church for the summer mission project
            So my goal was to make 15, but I am happy with donated 12. There were some odds and ends of supplies that I collected and will also donate to the church. All of these book bags will go to the local elementary school in town to be distributed to families of students in need. I wish that I was able to provide more, but I am happy that I successful completed this mission with 12 bags. I can go to bed tonight knowing that I took care of 12 different students - helped them get what they need in order to have an equal chance in their educational opportunity

2. Moved sound equipment and cart out of the way for others to move around in the worship area
               It normally has a regular 'home' but since it was used for the recent outside service, it didn't make it back. Obviously it was getting in the way of others as they moved about in the church building.

3. Complimented another woman because she looked nice in her dress
            It amazes me in how there are some colors and patterns in dresses that would would look awful on one woman, but can make another one look absolutely stunning. For me personally, I can not wear yellow - my skin tone turns a slight shade of green and I look sick - I also feel like a banana. However, for this other - she just looked, well as she would put it - "Awesome."

4. Gave my Bible to another person during worship.
           My mother-in-law is a devoted spirit, but unfortunately cursed with a forgetting mind sometimes. She loves to follow along with the sermon and the various readings. I had mine handy, but knew that she would enjoy the service more if she had this visual extra.

5. Moved children's items prior to Communion time to give people more walking room
            I really like the fact the at Sunday worship, they devote a special time to the children and talk about the main theme but on their level. Sometimes these 'Children Chats' are simple with just a microphone and a cushion. Sometimes these messages are a bit more elaborate - including props, blankets, books, etc. If this is the case, things need to be moved so that people can get to the Communion Table with ease. Something simple to do in order to take care of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment