Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 25

1. Gave a flower to school secretary
             I have 3 of the best secretaries at my school. Honestly, they are fabulous. They work so hard and they have a very difficult job. They lie in the 'in between' world. They don't necessary deal with the students and they don't necessary deal with the parents - but they are the gateway between both - plus all of the paperwork and documentation that they are responsible for. I would not be able to do my job as easily without them. And if you ever want to know what is going on in the school - ask a secretary - they are so smart! Anyway, the one in particular was having a rough day with the approaching beginning of the school year. She just needed a flower to cheer her up.

2. Helped another teacher look for his materials at school
              So when teachers leave for the summer, we all have the good intentions of packing up our room - thus thinking that where we put something in June it will stay there until we meet again in August. However, our rooms are cleaned, new furniture is brought in, and essentially materials are moved about. Sometimes they are put back in place, while other times they are accidentally misplaced. This particular teacher was perturbed that he was missing important materials for his music program. I easily helped him find what he needed - which was put into another music room.

3. Held the door open for the UPS guy at school
             My classroom is right beside the front door to the school building. So anytime that there is a person coming into the building I always try to say Good Morning or Good Day. In addition, the opposite when a person is leaving the building. One my favorite things to do is to hold the door open for the UPS person as they are bringing in packages. I always ask them if anything is for me. I know, I'm forever 5 years old wanting to know if I got a present!

4. Bought a friend some medicine because they weren't feeling well
             I really don't like seeing people with a cold. It is not just the OCD and germ thing that I don't like. I just don't like seeing people hurt and uncomfortable. Since they are a close friend - it hurts me even more to see them not feeling well. So if it is a simple buy of cough drops and decongestant medicine that can ease their day - well, then it is easy to help them feel better.

5. Suggest to another woman to try on a pretty dress at the store
             I admit it - I'm a horrible shopper. I spend about 3 hours in shopping and from that time, I basically am able to purchase 2 shirts. I have a short and petite body frame - which in US there are rarely close that fit. It does not surprise me when the news reports about obesity because there are many stores for Average and Women sizes - but fewer for petite. Anyway, I have noticed that all woman have issues when buying clothes. I have also noticed that I am a much better shopper for someone else than myself. So when a post pregnant woman was about to lose hope in finding clothes to fit her changing body - she needed some encouragement. It was simple to say a sincere statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment