Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 50

1. Picked up trash in neighbor's yard
              I know that the neighbor really minds what her yard looks like and since that she is elderly, I really like helping her out. Besides, you can have an empty bag of potato chips  crumpled up beside Romeo the Nome?

2. Bought candy for another teacher's son while waiting in check out line
           I saw this other teacher and her son within one of my favorite department stores. He was being so good as his mother picked out a few items. Then our paths crossed again at the check out line. I overheard him ask his mom if she would buy a piece of candy for him. She said that she only had cash and wasn't for sure if she had enough money. It was something simple to do - and besides, he was being really good.

3. Let another customer go ahead of me in grocery line
           Again, I had an extra 5 minutes to spare.

4. Sent birthday card in mail to God Son
           There's something about seeing a kid's face when they get mail - it's like it is better than any Christmas or Birthday present. I know that I could have hand delivered  this card, but it's more special when it comes in the mail. I still get excited when I get mail - unless it is a bill - there's limited excitement.

5. Bought special breast cancer pencils for my mother
            I am not much for the color pink - unless it is promoting fund raising/awareness for various breast cancer organizations. My grandmother is a survivor, in addition to my mother, and my best friend from college. My female doctor's already have red flags on my file because of my family's history. So anything that I can buy that is in pink and adds extra money to the Breast Cancer society - I'm in. I especially like doing the October walk / Zumba class that is annually held in my town. The past couple of years I've had my son dress in pink too - but let's not tell his father or grandfather that I have been secretly buying a girl's shirt for this occasion. I know that my time is coming when my son won't want to wear girl's clothes - at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment