Saturday, June 4, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 3

*Carpet Day!

I know that some people say: Carpe Deim - Seize the Day!
But I was getting new carpets for different rooms in my home - so Happy Carpet Day!

1. Held the door open for the carpet people to move their materials in.
                Again, something simple that helped others out.

2. Sent an e-card to friends wishing them a good day.
                I stumbled on sending little love notes today and how much that helped others know that they were cared for.

3. Washed and cleaned bed linen of mine and mothers outside.
               Not only did I save energy/electricity. My mother loves the smell and feel of air dried sheets. They are more crispy - you know going old school style.

4. Made son's favorite dinner as a surprise.
               Goulash - which my son quickly argues that is way different and way better than spaghetti - even though it is basically noodles & sauce. He had a rough day at summer school.

5. Prayed extra for a friend in hopes that they would find the best solution to their family problem.
               This is a close friend that is going through some serious problems. As much as I want to solve their problems and find solutions - the best thing that I can do is just keep praying in hopes that God will help them.

So today I didn't do anything that was life changing - but sometimes the simple things is what counts in life.
Not everyday you can eat steak - a pbj is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment