Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 71

1. Picked up trash in Pediatrician's parking lot
                    Just to keep things nice and clean for others

2. Let other people cross the street when other cars wouldn't
             There is a fine line with this pedestrian topic that I often wrestle with while driving - when do you stop and when do you go? I thought that it was common law in where I live that all pedestrians have the 'right a way' when it comes to crossing the street in front of vehicles. However, does this apply to people crossing the street and not using crosswalks - I thought that this would be considered "Jay Walking", which is then illegal in where I live. Also, if a car stops for pedestrians and creates a line behind them of other cars - then wouldn't that possibly violate the law that prohibits obstruction of traffic. As you can tell, I am deeply confused with this topic.
              So I watched this mother and her son wait on the corner as the other cars continued to pass them by. Oh well, I became a rule breaker or a rule support - still confused - and flagged the woman and her son to cross in front of me. However, I didn't not cause much of a pile up behind me.

3. Gave my lunch to my stepfather for him to enjoy
            He is a big Penn State football fan. No he didn't go to Penn State, nor did he play for 'Joe Pa' - but still really likes the team. I wasn't really all that hungry for the sandwich that I bought while I was out and about with my son, so I gave it to him to eat while watching the game.

By the way - The team lost, but the sandwich was good.

4. Sent an e-card to a friend congratulating her for her new pregnancy
              I have a dear from from college that I do not get to see or speak to as often as I would like. Sometimes in the summer when we both have a little more of a relaxed schedule my son plays with her kids (her kids - daughter of same age and son of younger age). Anyway she recently sent me an email saying that even though it wasn't planned, her husband and her are glad to announce that they are expecting child number #three. Any child - planned or not - is always a welcomed joy! She grew up in a family of nine kids, while her husband grew up with just one other brother. Apparently, her husband is over-joyed with the expanding family while she is very hesitant - ironic!

5. Sent another e-card to a friend's child wishing her a belated birthday
              I really like to acknowledge children's birthdays because it is more special to them than anything else in the world. So I was a bit disappointed in myself when I completely forgot this birthday and knew that I had to make an attempt to 'make it up' some how. This was the best way that I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment