Saturday, June 18, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 57

1. Wrote a note to the bank tellers thanking them for working on the Labor Day Holiday weekend
               I was in the drive thru line at the bank and was a last minute decision. But it was well worth it because I saw the particular band teller smile through the tv screen then saw her step away and show her boss. If it wasn't for that smile to begin with, I was really afraid that they were going to call the police on me.

2. Picked up papers that were blown around the lobby at the bank
             So I have a separate account for my son's college funds in a different bank. Yes, I know that this may seem odd, but on the birth of my son - some of my relatives went and started a bank account, but didn't know what bank I used. So we just have different ones and as awkward as it may be - at least I know that if one bank goes down - I don't lose all of my money - I have the other to use in emergency.

3. Gave extra money to a charity at the bank for both myself and the customer behind me
          So it was an extra dollar to support the Heart Foundation because that the main push in September. With prices like that, it was just easy to treat the person behind me. Besides, everything earned went to a worthy cause.

4.Picked up lawn chairs that were blown over at the park
       Since it was Labor Day weekend, I decided that this was probably one of the last warm days to take my son to the park - and it was certainly busy. So there was a family that was having a picnic and then decided to go on a stroll through the park. In my hometown, we have this really nice beautiful park - its not enormous, but there are several sections that are nice to walk about. Anyway, when the left a whip of wind knocked over their lawn chairs - I just simple when over and set them back up. Easy

5. Thanked the worker who was attending to and managing the barrel ride at the park
           I know that in an earlier post, I've talked about the barrel ride- my son loves this ride. There was only one person managing, driving, and collecting money for it - he was doing several jobs and deserved an extra & sincerely thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment