Monday, June 13, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 38

1. Bought and gave perfumed hand lotion to another teacher
               So there is this teacher in my building that is absolutely amazing. I mean, she is so thin, beautiful, witty, smart, funny - she really epitomizes what and how a woman should be. She recently broke her leg and even made the crutches look good and fashionable. Anyway, every time I see her in the hallway she always has this golden shimmer to her. So the one day I was at the local department store and saw that they were selling small samples of hand lotion - one had this same shimmery glow. I just had to get it and give it to this teacher as a surprise.

2. Gave a friend her favorite candy and a cup of coffee to cheer her up
             She wasn't having a good day and needed a 'pick me up' - don't we all from time to time?

3. Held the door open for someone that was carrying several coffee pots
            Yet again I am at a beginning of the school year meeting. Yet again there are refreshments for the other teachers. I saw this particular person trying to provide coffee to everyone and take care of their needs. It was the very least that I could do by holding open a door as she moved about being hostess.

4. Got gift bags for other music teachers that were sitting at the same table
            So a local music company always put together simple welcome back gift bags for the various music teachers within the county. They dropped them off in a box by the door. It was the least that I could do to help serve other teachers.

5. Helped carry out some boxes of music supplies for another music teacher
          Again, whatever I can do to help another person out - just a simple respectful thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment