Thursday, June 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 93

1. Sent an e-card to the church's out-reach coordinator for putting together today's Community Activity
            This is a really wonderful person at church. Not only does she coordinates the music for contemporary worship, manages the children/youth choir, organizes the education aspect (Sunday School & VBS), an amazing musician within the praise band - but she also coordinates many out-reach community events. How she finds time to do everything - I have no idea! She is just so talented! So today is the annual Crop Walk at the local park. It is a 5 mile walk the help raise money for Hunger issues within our county and world wide. This particular person helped promote and organize the event within our church to participate. She really deserves a lot of credit and thanks!

2. Walked and performed at the Hunger Walk
             So I love to sing. Some people don't like it because I am not really good at it. But I still love to do it. I also love to walk - really any distance is fine by me. I can't run, but I can walk and walk and walk. Even though I am a music teacher, I think that I can walk better than I can run. Either way, both of the activities that I did helped the cause & raised money.

3. Got other praise band members water during the break between performances
          So I walked and actually made really good time. I had enough of time left over that I was able to fetch other band members more water as we were preparing for our next set. The one gentleman is a saxophone player - pure awesome talent - he said that he really appreciated the thoughtfulness.

4. Got lunch for another person who said that they were hungry
            So another band member came a little late to the first performance because he was visiting some relatives that live a bit of distance away. Between songs I overhead him say that he didn't have time for lunch and that he was really hungry. So I ducked out of the last song and got him the free hotdog, chips, cookies, and water. Easy.

5. Helped clean up abandoned trash from picnic tables
          I'm always in a cleaning mood. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment