Monday, June 27, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 90

1. Bought another teacher bookmarks of her favorite football team
              There is a wonderful reading teacher in my building that prior to the school year starting, painted her classroom the colors of her favorite football team - The Ravens. As for me, no I don't watch much tv and the tv that I do watch isn't football. However, she really enjoys this team - at least enough to have the colors stare back at her for the entire school year. So since she is a reading teacher and enjoys sharing books with her students - I only thought of her when I saw The Ravens bookmarks.

2. Wrote a "Good Job" note to another teacher that made special signs to remind her students about up coming projects
          If you don't know any 11-14 year olds, let me just say that the average one lost their head in elementary school and doesn't find it again until high school. Now grant it, there are some that are super organized - they were ones that were born on time (hint - can you guess that was me?) But the majority does need at least a little extra helps or reminders about up coming projects. This particular teacher really wants to see her science students do well, so she posted reminder signs throughout the hallways that they usually use. Brilliant move!

3. Picked up trash in the school parking lot
            Having respect for your school is more than keeping it clean inside - it also includes that outside as well.

4. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another co-worker for listening to me explain a problem
             Most of the time I like to be the ear and shoulder for someone to talk to. However, today I needed someone to listen. After talking out my frustrations and concerns, this particular staff member also helped me brainstorm some possible solutions. The least I could do was to write a note in saying thank you!

5. Brought snacks to an after school meeting
            After school teacher meetings are unique gatherings. We are there for a particular reason, we know that we need to get work done, and we work - but honestly, we are exhausted from the day's on goings. After a rough day of work, the last place that you want to be is in another meeting. Ok, to expand on that thought is even after a decent day of work, sometimes the last place that you want to be is in another meeting. So, to bring extra snacks for everyone to enjoy was the very least that I could do to thank everyone for coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment