Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 11

1. Left a note at a neighbor's house encouraging them to finish painting because the house job is looking really good.
       Again, my love notes - just an encouraging thought will do wonders. Noticing the small things in life.

2. Bought lunch for a friend that did not have the time or money
           Again, I was coming from a meeting and going to a meeting - it was the very least that I could do.

3. Bought secretary at school candy to cheer up her day
            School secretaries have very rough jobs. They are the ones that get the brunt of the first attack from parents either with phone calls or in person. They are the ones that have to meticulous organize the 1,000 different paperwork. They are the ones that have to send out the important emails of attendance, coverage, etc. They have a very unique and hard job, with very little thanks. I would not be able to do my job without them.

*Note: Thank your secretaries and thank them often.

4. Donated gift cards to various restaurants to a teacher reward program at school
          So the wonderful thing about getting gift cards is that you can use the freely - whenever you want. The horrible thing about gift cards is that if you don't go out - they won't be used. So I was cleaning my bed room and found 5 different gift cards that needed to be used. I hope that the other teachers in my building enjoy their meal.

5. Advised a pregnant woman at meeting in what foods to eat to reduce morning sickness
          Stay away from Orange Juice - not only does it have high sugar, but it burns - sorry, TMI.
          One thing that I did focus on while I was pregnant with my son was mints. I really should have taken stock in Eclispe mints - the dark blue kind. Often, this was my the only thing that kept me at bay. In fact the Christmas that I was pregnant with my son, my one band student got me 5 packs of these because he noticed that I was going through them like crazy. He didn't know that I was pregnant, but then again I really didn't start showing until my 6th/7th month - Christmas at this time was 3rd month into my pregnancy. Anyway, being an emotional basket case - I took it as an insult at first. Oddly enough his mother was my midwife and I asked her about it. She said that she asked her son what I liked the most and he said these mints! Cute little story with a really thoughtful kid.

Oh, if anyone is wondering - yes I did have a crazy food combination.
It was eating mint chocolate chip ice cream and salsa/chips.
It wasn't so much of enjoying the flavor - but more of the temperature change
The heat vs. the coolness.
I know, odd.
But that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment