Monday, June 6, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 14

1. Prayed for safe travel for a friend that recently went on vacation.
             I know that it has been close to the 10th year anniversary of the planes crashing at 9/11. I also know that it is easier to get in a car crash than a plane crash. But still, I worry whenever I have friends and family members that travel a distance. Worrying is probably my best specialty.

2. Was patient with a kid who squirted my son with a water gun.
            I normally don't like young kids. I know that sounds horrible since I am a teacher. But I like my middle school kids better - it seems like you can basically reason with the majority of them. Little kids seem to be too unpredictable and reasoning is normally not negotiable. So while I pray for others for safe travel, need good health, guidance and advisement - I often pray for me for patience, more patience, then when in doubt even more patience.

3. Was patient with a kid who 'caught' me with their net.
             Ok, so maybe my patience is running a little low soon.

4. Helped a new mother spread out a blanket as she held her baby.
            Having a 4 year old, I remember these days very well. Carrying around my son in his kangaroo pouch as I tried to take care of normal every day to day jobs. It was the very least that I could do to take 1 minute out of my life and give it someone else.

5. Gave my shopping cart to another customer
             There are plenty of shopping carts in the world - this was just something easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment