Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 69

1. Bought gourmet coffee in another teacher's mailbox
               So at church, we sell this gourmet coffee that all the proceeds go to an organization that gives money to different places in Africa. It is call "Coffee with a Conversation." There is another teacher that really likes flavored coffee and I wanted to do something nice for him - no particular reason why, just because.

2. Picked up trash in the school hallway
             I like the fact that our school is kept very clean. It shows a sense of respect to the students, faculty/staff, and parents - basically anyone that comes into our building. The custodians do a fantastic job in keeping everything nice, but I believe that it is also everyone's responsibility as well. I just want to do my share in helping.

3. Wrote a thank you note to another teacher for helping me with a teacher conference problem
             So yes, I was also invited to present at the National Middle School Association teacher conference this November in Baltimore. However, since I was selected late - I do not have a hotel room to sleep in for the trip. So another person that is attending the conference said that I can room with her. This was really nice because I didn't want to spend the time in my Jeep.

4. Picked up trash in the grocery store parking lot
           Similar theory to 'penny #2' - it is everyone's responsibility to keep this earth and specific locations clean for everyone else to use.

5. Pushed back an abandoned motorized cart
             Ok, so this is sort of a team effort of a 'penny.' An elderly man left the motorized cart on the corner/curb while his son swung around his care and picked him up - thus, leaving the apparatus there. If you have never moved one of this things before, be prepared in needing someone else to assist. For me, I needed 2 other people because it kept on getting caught on the welcome rug. To quote Ringo Starr, "Have a little hep from my  friend.s"

No comments:

Post a Comment