Monday, June 27, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 87

1. Bought another teacher unique pins
                So there is another teacher in my building that painted her room prior to the beginning of the school year starting. The coolest thing is that she bought all of her teacher accessories to go along with the coloring theme of her room. You could tell that it took a lot of planning for everything to coordinate with each other. So I noticed that on her bulletin board that there were push pins that just didn't go with the theme of her room. Odd, I thought. So when I saw pins that would go along the other day at the store - I knew exactly who should have them.

2. Moved the custodial wet floor sign out of the way of others
               It's ok, the floor wasn't wet anymore anyway.
               It was the beginning of the day where we dismiss all of the students from the auditorium to first period - so basically there is a lot of hallway traffic. I just didn't want the sign to get trampled on, broken, or walked off.

3. Wrote a "Congratulations" note to another staff member for being nominated for an award
                We have such a fantastic guidance department at school - the one in particular does a lot of really hard work. So when I heard that she was nominated for a special award because of her years of service and all of the work that she does (even stuff that I didn't know) - I was really proud and happy for her. It's a small gesture with a note - but sometimes it's the little things that make such a big difference.

4. Advise another staff member how to frugally shop for a child's fundraiser
           Ok, I admit it. I am one that doesn't like to spend a lot of money. I'm always looking for deals - especially knowing that I have some birthdays and the holidays to shop for in the next two months. So when I was approached by yet another school fundraiser by another teacher I just had to explain what I was doing. A part of my budgeting plan, is really thinking about how I can get the most out of my money. If this means making a list of people I need to shop for - then so be it. If this means writing down who will get what so that I don't over spend or spend too much - then so be it. If this means 'making my list and checking it twice' - then so be it. So as I was looking at a catalog for another teacher and of course talking to myself - she heard what I was doing. Then I went about telling her my shopping strategies. She said that all of my ideas were really helpful because she has 5 kids of her own - yikes! Yes, it may take me longer to shop - but I save some money in the end.

5. Cleaned up trash in the hallway
            We have a proud school - being clean just shows the level of respect & responsibility that we have for our surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment