Wednesday, June 8, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 18

1. Watered elderly neighbor's flowers
                We are currently going through a heat wave in our area. She love her flowers.

2. Made mother hot tea as a surprise because she wasn't feeling good.
              Like I said before, having a summer cold is the worst!

3. Bought school supplies for the church mission project
              There is a line from the sill movie, "You've Got Mail," where Meg Ryan says that there is nothing like newly sharpened pencils. Whomever wrote this line in the script was a former teacher. Me personally - I like seeing new white chalk lines on a freshly cleaned board. I know that everything is going high-tech and white boards are the new thing - but there is something romantic and classy about a chalk board.
Anyway, it is my goal that by the end of the summer I will have completed 15 book bags.

4. Bought extra learning toys for local day care center
                So if I am helping bigger kids, I also need to help the small ones too. Just simple 1 dollar puzzles.

5. Bought a box of chocolate chip cookies for workers at a nearby bank.
              Again, show your appreciation to everyone - it will go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment