Friday, June 17, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 52

1. Bought smiley face stickers in a Guidance Counsler mailbox
             So at my school there is this guidance counselor that is such a wonderful person. Even though she may be completely honest in giving tough news,  she does it in a way that she always has a smile on her face. There is something about her smile that lights up a room. It truly does go from ear to ear and is extremely cheerful. So when I saw these smiley stickers, I instantly thought of her.

2. Gave another teacher cursive writing pads to use in her classroom
            I overheard this particular teacher saying that she wanted to work on handing writing skills with some of the students in her classroom. The local teacher store was having an unbelievable sale on writing pads - so I picked up one for my son and a couple for her.

3. Assisted another teacher during a fire drill practice
            I didn't have a class at the time, so I just helped out others the best way that I knew how.

4. Complimented another teacher based on her earings
                I tried a really fancy pair on the other day and whatever metal was in them made my lobes start to swell until I could get the earings out. So I already know that as for me, I can only wear simple studs. But I'm always impressed with the women that can wear the elaborate and dangling kind. This particular teacher normally wears very simple earings too, but today she looked very nice with her new jewelry. Sometimes it is the little things that make a difference.

5. Complimented another teacher based on an idea
              So in one of the above pennies I talked about how we had a fire drill at school today. I neglected to say that the drill took longer than expected and a class of middle school kids is hard to entertain after a certain time period. Well, this other teacher sent out an email later on in the day about various activities that you can do with your students to keep them 'together' during a fire drill. A lot of what she suggested were brilliant activities. I am very appreciative that she sent this information out.

No comments:

Post a Comment