Friday, June 17, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 56

1. Bought a scented bag decoration for the secretary
              She loves this type of stuff. Little knick-knacks that reminds her that she is loved and someone finds her special. I am glad to provide this for her.

2. Gave another teacher a pencil pouch for her safety binder
          So in an earlier post I mention that I wrote a thank you note to a teacher who shared some ideas of what to do with students to entertain them in an extended fire drill. Well, I was thinking that I should use this information and put together a simple pencil pouch that included these ideas and basic supplies for my own safety binder. When I went to go buy the pouch, there was a 2 for 1 deal and instantly knew that I should give the extra pouch to this other teacher. Since she shared her idea, I would share a supply.

3. Put a trash bag in the trash can of the 8th grade teacher work room
             A custodian accidentally forgot this and I didn't want them to either get blame for not doing their job correctly or have to do extra work. So it was simple to take care of this - all of 10 seconds - if that.

4. Cleaned up paper towels off of the floor in the girls bathroom
           Yes, I am a stickler about how a bathroom should look - but that is my OCD talking. It was simple to do, showed respect towards others, and helped a custodian out later on.

5. Emailed a student and her family a "Thinking of You" card because there has been some family health issues.
          I have this wonderful band student, who is always prepared and ready to learn everyday - regardless of what is happening in her life. Well, let me back up - I had her brother a few years ago. He was extremely shy and quiet, but I knew that there was something special about him just beneath the surface. So I really worked with him on his musicianship skills, but more importantly I tried to work with him on his day to day skills. Recently he earned his Eagle Scout - I'm so proud of him for this accomplishment. So now I have his younger sister and she is just as special. She is full of life and a budding teenager that is just as self conscious as her brother. But again, there is something special about her. Anyway, I recently heard that there is a family health issue that is going on and I was worried - not that she would fall behind in class - but just worried for the family. So their family is added to my personal prayer list and I just wanted to let them know that I was thinking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment