Sunday, June 19, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 63

1. Gave the Administrator Intern a 'Blue Push Pop'
              He had this wonderful idea of promoting school spirit by hosting a blue friday - we are the Warriors and are basic colors are blue & white. He doesn't eat much junk food, but does have a very cute little girl that I'm sure that if he didn't want it - she would gladly take it. I just wanted to thank him, but in a creative dorky type of way.

2. Opened the door for another teacher who was carrying in materials
              Anytime that you have the opportunity to be considerate and polite - take it! I'm always trying to teach my male students that this is show of respect towards females. But then I also make my female students repeat the gesture as well - because they need know what respect looks like and feels from different perspectives.

3. Wrote encouraging notes to other teachers and staff members after a rough parent meeting
               I had to sit in on this meeting and yes it was very uncomfortable. However, we as staff were able to get through it - together. With this note, I also included a little piece of chocolate - which is scientifically proven to help the brain, heart, & most importantly the soul.

4. Wrote a thank you note to a teacher who covered my class
            Since I had to attend this parent meeting, I had to have another teacher cover my class. I really hate doing this because I know that teacher plan time is very valuable commodity. The least that I could do is to write a thank you note.

5. Took other teacher's trays back to the cafe
              They aren't going to grow legs and walk themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment