Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 72

1. Got stepfather a cup of coffee
               He has been working really hard lately in putting together a new building for his work. Really long and strenuous hours. I just wanted to do something nice for him.

2. Brought in supplies for church mission project
              Again health & hygiene packages. For an OCD person to share/educate the joy and cleanliness of this topic - yeah, it is more than just a mission project!

3. Cleaned in technology room
             I noticed that there were some sticky stains on the table by the main computer. So I started to clean that up and then noticed that the keyboard was dirty - and so I started to clean that up - then I noticed that the monitor was dirty - and so it continued. One of my favorite smells is bleach - because that is the smell of cleanliness :-)

4. Wrote an encouraging card to teachers at a private school
            So the church that I attend also hosts a private Montessori school inside the Worship building. Please understand that the church and school are not affiliated - just location related. Anyway, I have always loved the theories behind Maria Montessori - with letting the child chose their education, the different colors of the letters, the peace rose - so many good things here that regular education can learn from. It's the beginning of the school year and I wanted to wish the teachers and staff good luck and all.

5. Helped clean up the Nursery after children left for Sunday School
           The nursery keeper is a wonderful lady that does such a great job with the kids. I noticed that she was there by herself putting away all of the toys after all of the kids had left. So my son and I helped her so that she could get done quicker and have more time to herself. Again, she is a great lady! One of the few people that my son feels truly safe around. Amazing what you can learn from kids by just watching their body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment