Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 176

Happy New Year!!!

1. Picked up trash while walking with dog
              New year, new day, cleaner neighborhood :-)

2. Text co-workers in wishing them a Happy New Year
              Just wanted to spread the cheer around - also to the people that I work with. They are like my second family. I've missed them very much during this winter break. Yes, even the kids. I miss them too.

3. Text a woman from church in wishing her safe travels
              This is a very nice woman that often takes care of my son because she just loves him so much. Anyway, she rarely leaves town or takes any type of vacation. So when she told me that she was going to go to New York during the winter break to visit some extended family members, I was very surprised. I texted her that I hope that she is having a nice time & to be safe in traveling home tomorrow.

4. Swept elderly neighbor's side walk
            She's a nice woman that lives next door, but lately she hasn't been feeling all that well. I just wanted to do something nice for her. I know how much she likes to have her yard cleaned up & her sidewalks clear of any snow or dirt. So that is what I did. I grabbed a broom and spent about 20 min. sweeping her sidewalks in the very cold. The warm cup of coffee never tasted so better this morning.

5. Washed my mother's jeep
             My jeep desperately needed a good scrub today. So this afternoon I took it out and gave it a good wash. When I returned home, I noticed that my mother's jeep needed a scrub just as much as my own jeep did. So I then took her keys & jeep and did just that. This is the problem with OCD people, when we start really cleaning something - we just can't stop - everything needs to just as clean then.

No comments:

Post a Comment