Friday, August 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 145

Ok- so today was my grandfather's burial service. I'm not much in the mood for talking or sharing. So I am going to keep things simple and to the point.

1. Made a special breakfast for my son.
            Since I took the entire day off from school, I decided that what would make me feel better was to make a special breakfast for my son. I rarely get the opportunity because I leave for my school  before my mother takes him to his preschool. So today I made him special cinnamon twists - hot right from the oven. Basically it is croissants dipped into a cinnamon/sugar mixed - then baked.

2. Moved a tree branch out of the way during funeral
           The pastor was walking to our gathering area and I noticed a medium sized tree branch laying in his path. I just simply bent down and moved it out of the way.

3. Bought hot chocolate for another customer
            As I was heading home after the funeral I stopped by a convenience store because I needed something warm. As I stood in line ready to pay for my cup of coffee, I noticed that the person behind me was going to purchase a cup of hot chocolate. When it was my turn to pay I told the cashier that I was paying for mine and the person behind me. Then I turned to that person and wished them a good day.

4. Loaded up the copiers with paper at school
           I also stopped by the school on my way home - I have a full band rehearsal the next day. I had to make a quick copy of something and noticed that both of the copiers were just about out of paper. Easy to fill it up for the other teachers for tomorrow morning.

5. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another teacher for listening
              I was just having an emotional day and another teacher just gave me the opportunity to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment