Thursday, August 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 156

1. Took in cookies and candies for Church Coffee Hour
             It wasn't my turn to provide snacks for the after service social gathering, but I was in the mood from yesterday's party. I went home yesterday, stopping off at the supermarket and getting some cooking supplies, knowing that I was going to cook & bake extra treats just for church. As I baked, it felt good. Like I was using God's love as the extra special ingredient in all that I made - chocolate chip cookies, buckeyes, potato candy, cup cakes, etc. Everyone enjoyed them too!

2. Collected that trash from the food area after service
                  By doing this it helped the church's Care Giver out - which is good because he has been working extra hard lately since the snow and winter weather decided to start little earlier than normal. On top of that, he has been really helping in setting things up for the church's Holiday pageant for tonight, as well as, starring in it too! Yes a thespian. He such a great guy. Anything that I can do to help him out - considerate it done. Yes, I packed him a special container of cookies & candies too!

3. Helped an elderly woman get information about tonight's church performance
            I'm not for sure if she was a grandparent of one of the kids, another member of the church that goes to a different service than I, or just a bystander that wanted some information. Either way, I was happy to help! I knew where the fliers were and enjoyed talking a little to her about how hard everyone has been working to put this program together.

4. Moved the larger trash cans to the dessert area prior to pageant beginning/ending
             The organizers of the pageant did such a wonderful job in putting everything together. This one small detail was easy to fix & it was my honor to contribute something. Yes, it may have been a small task - but it helped clean everything up in such a big way.

5. Picked up a bottle that a baby dropped
             She was being so good during the performance - this was easy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment