Monday, August 8, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 150

1. Helped another teacher bring materials for her students
                She was treating her students with snacks & water since they did such a great job on their last assessment. I was by the door and it was easy to help.

2. Wrote "Have a Good Day" notes to the front office secretaries
             With the different Holiday Concerts approaching, many of the music students (band, chorus, & orchestra) and their parents have been calling the schools asking for additional information. The secretaries really do a wonderful job in helping the parents get the information that they need. For my parents, I always give the secretaries the "parent letter" that I send home so they have the exact information that the parents. However, from time to time the parents get a creative in asking questions - so the secretaries do a great job in sending me info about returning a phone call or email. Just to say a simple thank you - within a note.

3. Sent a picture and idea for a social committee activity
            The other day the person who heads the social committee within our school talked about doing some different activities with the staff on the various holidays & such. So over the weekend I saw this cute little activity to do with decorating 'stockings', each staff member would stuff with little pieces of chocolates & candy, and then the staff would vote on the most creative or best decorative. I sent her pictures of another group's activity so that she could see exactly what other people were doing.

4. Helped the custodians clean my room by gathering the trash
               Concert season also means that the custodians have to prepare the auditorium in addition to the regular music classrooms. I just thought that it would be helpful to start taking care of my trash when I can so that it is one less thing for them to do.

5. Went to a co-worker's grandfather's viewing
           I have started to get to know this particular staff member and noticed that she was really upset at the end of last week. When I asked her why she was upset she said that her grandfather just passed away. Having the same feelings for my own personal family loss, I felt the same way. Although I didn't know her grandfather, I went to the viewing tonight out of respect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment