Thursday, August 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 155

1. Put back abandoned carts & baskets at the grocery store
                 They were there, they needed to be put back to their place, so I did - easy.

2. Bagged up another customer's groceries
           Yes, I asked first and they were so grateful for the help. They had a little baby who really needed either a bottle, diaper change, or a nap. It was nice to help this parent out. I remember those days of being frazzled constantly - now it is only every 15 minutes :-)

3. Picked up trash that someone else threw down
           I have explained in earlier pennies that I often pick up trash that has accidentally been left behind in various parking lots. Well this morning a little bit different in the penny. I was coming out of the grocery store and noticed that a customer deliberately took their receipt balled it up and threw it on the ground. They were about about 5 feet ahead of me - so when I got to this trash I picked it up and turned to the nearest trash can. The original owner of this trash then starts yelling at me that I was going through her personal belongings. I really wasn't - I was more appalled about her lack of caring for the environment and her laziness. However, I didn't want a confrontation over a slip of paper - so I quickly retreated to my Jeep and drove home. Before completely leaving the parking spot, I noticed in my rear view mirror the irate woman still yelling at me. Oh well.

4. Made special homemade candies for someone else's party
            There was another teacher at school that was having a party at their home based on family holiday cookies/candies. Although I have been really tired lately in getting things ready for up coming holiday/winter concerts - I knew that I needed to go and bring something. It really meant a lot to this particular teacher. That's what friends do - support each other - and food helps too!

5. Bought son's class Holiday art supplies
             His teacher is just so wonderful. I wanted to do something for him, her, & the class. It's just another opportunity to give everyone a special learning opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment