Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 175

Happy New Year's Eve Day!
(I hope that this makes sense.)

1. Sent ecards to various friends & coworkers withing them a Happy New Year
                   This date always makes me a little sad. Saying good bye to things & people have always been hard for me. Yes, I know that it is just a date & a year is just a year - but there are all of the memories that the ending of the year makes you think about. Like all of the things that were left undone or left unsaid. But then this date is always nice too - like thinking about all of the things that did go well & got accomplished. Tomorrow is a fresh start - literally. I also worry about my friends & family being out and about on this night - some people just don't think before they drink/drive.

2. Moved the newspaper to the porch for a neighbor
           So I was walking my dog and noticed that my neighbor's newspaper was dropped off at their fence than at the regular spot on their porch. It was an easy thing to do to reach over and toss the paper closer. That would save the neighbor a shorter walk in the cold to retrieve the news.

3. Re-hung up a fallen bird house
           Again on my dog walking trip I noticed that another neighbor had a bird house hanging from their tree branch in their front yard. But last night's wind must have blown it down. Even though there are no birds around right now to brave the winter chill, it was still easy enough to pick up the item and rehung it.

4. Gave neighborhood dogs an extra New Year treat
            So my dog will get the extra New Year's eve scraps. I also bought him some special 'party flavored' dog biscuits. I thought it was only fair for the other dogs in the neighborhood to get something special too.

5. Let people cross the street who were carrying heavy items
            So the New Year's Eve dinner consist of some really good Chinese food. I rarely get a chance to eat the stuff because my son doesn't like it, so I always look forward to this special meal. Anyway, on my way driving back from picking up the food - I noticed that there were two people trying to cross the road. They must have been planning on going somewhere for a party because they were carrying various casseroles, drinks, & other party items. Needless to say that their hands were full. So I simply stopped in front of them and motioned them to pass. It was no big deal for me. I was returning home - they were getting ready to go. I hope that they got to their destination ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment