Wednesday, August 3, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 140

1. Returned an abandoned shopping cart
            Yes, I believe that these things have minds of their own. I mean they are already mobile and I am pretty sure that they talk to each other when people aren't around. So who wouldn't blame them for wanting to be free and trying to escape. Sorry cart, not today!

2. Wrote a waiter a "Thank You" note
            I took my son out for a special breakfast at our favorite restaurant. There was this waiter who was especially nice to us because our food was being delayed. He gave my son some extra rolls to pass the time. Again anytime you are nice to my kid, you earn major brownie points with me. So when it was time to pay the bill - I wrote this particular waiter a personal thank you with his tip.

3. Held the door open for another family
           As my son and I were leaving the restaurant, there was another family coming in - An elderly woman, her daughter, and a stroller of a younger baby. The mother was sandwiched in between helping her mother and walker along with helper her baby with the stroller. The least that we could do is to hold the doors open - I with one and my son with the other. It's nice to have shared this penny with my son.

4. Made homemade cookies for another neighbor
            There is a nice elderly neighbor down the way from our house that has this really cool hound-dog. He lives by himself and I am not for sure if he has any family around this area. So to wish him a good Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, my son and I made him cookies. Again, sharing the pennies with my son was really nice.

5. Gave cookies to bank tellers
           So in the process of making our neighbor cookies, we also made enough to share 2 plates full of cookies for the bank tellers. As I took my son to the bank to deposit my checks from work, we gave them these cookie plates as a way to say "Thank you for working during this Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend." They couldn't believe that we did this nice gesture, but were really appreciative of the treats.

By the way - the cookies were chocolate chip - the really only type of cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment