Monday, August 8, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 151

1. Brought in extra clothes for a needy family at school
               So as the winter season is starting to settle in where I live, this is the perfect time to do a little clothing shopping. As I have mentioned before - I am a horrible shopper when it comes to clothes. So if I am at it for around 3 hours and only find 2 shirts, hey- this is pretty good for me! Anyway, when I do get some clothes to look half decent and I buy them - I normally raid my closet and pull the items that I haven't worn in the past year. Most of the time I normally emerge from my closet with a heap of articles ready to donated to the local Salvation Army or similar center. However, this time our school was sponsoring a family who recently had a major house fire. I was glad to see my clothes going back into the community that I teach at.

2. Gave coupons for free drinks and meals to another teacher
           Yes, I have mentioned this particular teacher and her side project in earlier pennies. So today I gave her more coupons & gift cards for this cause. Again, going back into my professional community.

3. Moved boxes for another staff member
            I actually moved these boxes to the guidance area for them to use to start packing up the items from the last canned food drive. They start making deliveries next week and need boxes to put everything in order to take them to the various families within the community. Such a great cause. Again, going back into my professional community.

4. Cleaned up trash from an evening meeting
             So I had my regular monthly meeting at the Board of Education building for the one leadership class that I am in this school year. I was exhausted prior to the meeting, but knew that I needed to go to this meeting in order to pass the course. By the looks of everyone - we were all exhausted - including the presenters/speakers. So by the end of the meeting we were all just helping each other so that everyone could get home quicker - go group effort!

5. Gave my candy treat away
              So the presenters at the meeting tonight were very kind and gave everyone a little chocolate Santa candy. I particular don't eat candy or many sweets in order to keep track of my fitness/health goals. This time of the year is always hard because food & desserts are in an abundance! So if I don't have it around me, I don't crave it. Needless to say that as soon as I got this special treat, I knew that I needed to give it to someone else. Knowing how hard secretaries work, I knew instantly that this special treat of mine was going to go to her. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment