Saturday, August 13, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 158

1. Tracked down a student to give him his candy
              This morning helper accidentally left the treat that I gave him in my room. He did such a great job at mall concert last night, that I just wanted to give him something extra because he seemed very tired this morning. I guess that in his sleepiness he left his candy behind in my classroom. That's ok, I tracked him down at his locker and regave him his candy. Although, I told him to wait until lunch to eat it.

2. Covered for another teacher so that she could take a much needed break
               This particular teacher was getting overwhelmed with the behavioral students that she was working with. You could tell that she needed an extra break. I had a spare 5 minutes - just enough time for her to leave the room, go to the bathroom, get something to drink, and return with a calm new outlook. I was happy that I could provide this for her.

3. Gave my bottle of water to another workout member/teacher
             She was coming from a meeting and quickly changed into her work out clothes just as we were starting. About half way through the program she realized that she forgotten her bottle of water that was sitting on her desk in her classroom on the other side of school. She didn't have time to go back and was really bummed that she left it. I try to always bring an extra bottle of water for this type of occasion. So I just gave her my extra. You would think that this water must have been golden they way she cherished it :-)

4. Wrote some "Thank You" notes to those staff members that came to the previous night's concert
                Since this was at the mall in another city outside from where I teach, for some staff members this would have been a bit of a hike. However, I saw a couple of familiar face which was really nice because they were giving up their own time. I tried to personally thank every staff member for coming, but also thought that a special note with a piece of candy would be appropriate too. Everyone said that they enjoyed it greatly!!!

5. Wrote "Thank You" notes to the parents that helped me at tonight's concert
            So tonight was the 6th grade band concert at the school. The kids were so excited and their families really enjoyed the evening. Me - I'm glad that things went well, but even happier that another concert is done and my plate is starting to get lighter again. I am especially thankful for those parents that helped me with various things such as collecting money, videotaping, monitoring the kids during warm up, and more. I really couldn't do this band teacher job without the support from my parents. They are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment