Monday, August 22, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 169

Merry Christmas!

1. Gave extra doggy treats to neighborhood dogs
              So I got my own dog a box of these candy cane strips that I am using as treats to teach him to go out side to go to the bathroom - especially in the cold months - he is very stubborn. Anyway, on our morning walk I decided that I could give a couple of these treats away to the neighborhood dogs to wish them Happy Holidays - Elvis, the hound dog a few doors down, loved his. Don't worry, there was plenty in the box!

2. Took care of jackets, hats, & gloves of other children
              We were out and about this afternoon visiting various relatives. The one stop that we made my brothers family was there (3 boys - I know - I'm satisfied with just one). Anyway the boys were running all over the place, some still half in outerwear. So as I 'wintered shed' my son, I helped the other boys with their clothes, and then put away all of the belongings. Simple to do.

3. Let others sit and eat ahead of me
               So at another families house, there is this little table that everyone normally crowds around. Some people may say that it is 'cozy', but to a few of us it is uncomfortable because there is no elbow room and it feels like you are piled on top of someone. So I just hung back as this was starting and let others go sit & enjoy before I got my meal. Don't worry - there was plenty of food - even after I was done.

4. Sent Holiday E-Cards to various Veterans & Military personnel
              This was extremely easy to do & I strongly recommend it to anyone. The e-cards are made by kids for our troops and with a few clicks of a button, they are sent all over the world. You don't have to know the military person or their address. The organization/website takes care of everything for you. Please visit:
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html

5. Picked up trash in neighbors' yard
            On my walk with my dog - its something simple & easy. There's something about Christmas that makes you want to have everything clean.

*So I read this article the other day that said that after Christmas, remember to continue to do kind deeds. I chuckled when they made the suggestions because it is common things that I have been doing in this project - letting other cars pull ahead, holding doors, giving your space up in line. It would be a nice world if everyone had a handful of pennies to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment