Sunday, August 14, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 159

1. Brought in homemade candy for the custodians
               Just to thank them for helping me with getting the auditorium and nearby bathrooms ready for the previous nights band concert. They do so much for the school around concert time - many behind the scenes job that I am sure that I don't know the full extent. I really appreciate everything that they do.

2. Brought in cookies & snacks to band students
              Just to congratulate them for a fantastic Holiday/Winter concert from the night before. I was so proud of them. I know that it is just 6th grade band students and it is a simple middle school concert, but I love those guys. But they worked really hard and they were so pleased with their own work. So in a way, it really didn't matter what I thought - they were proud of their own accomplishments. The chocolate chip cookies just added to their sweetness victory!

3. Helped to find particular students for an ice cream party
                So one of the special activities that we are having at our school today was to congratulate those students who have been improving their attendance by rewarding them to go to a special ice cream party. Not all of the passes were given out in time prior to the first bell ringing, so I used my first period plan time to finish up passing out the passes to the students for the ice cream reward party.
Side note - the students enjoyed & it was a big hit for them! Who doesn't like an ice cream party? Oh wait, I'm lactose intolerant, I understand.

4. Copied paperwork for another teacher
               She only had 5 minutes left before the end of her planning time, but she needed to make some copies for her next class and go to the bathroom. So I told her that I could easily make the copies to help her out, but I wasn't going to attempt the telekinetic bathroom visit!

5. Gave a money donation to a needy family
             I had an extra 5 dollars that I was going to buy a cup of coffee with after school today, but new that the needy family foundation could use it more. I was happy to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment