Thursday, August 25, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 172

1. Empathized with a morning coworker
             I spent some extra time with a coworker today, just talking but mostly listening. She has been very upset lately over a recent death from a past student. She was very close to him and was one of the last people that actually talked to him before he tragically died in a car accident. She just needed an extra person to cry in front off without inhibitions, I was able to show that compassion.

2. Chased after an escaping cart
               I've said it plenty of times before - I really believe that these grocery carts have minds of their own. This one in particular almost escaped with another lady's purse in the front. She was was trying to quickly unpack the cart into her car before the cold wind chilled her. As she lifted up the case of water, the cart believed that it had its chance escape & off it went - then off I went. The other lady was very appreciative that I retrieved her belongings.

3. Held the door open for a woman who was holding a sleeping child
               The child just looked so peaceful. It was easy to help this mother. I've been in the same position with my son & have always appreciated any extra help.

4. Cleaned up a mess at a food court table
               There was an abandoned table in the food court area today that had some spilled ketchup. The regular cleaners already had their hands full with sweeping up trash at other tables. I was easy just to get some napkins and clean this up for them.

5. Bought a random person a cookie
             So after I was finished cleaning up the ketchup table, I noticed that there was this business guy working on his computer the entire time. I don't know what he was working on, but it was clearly visible that he was getting very frustrated. So I figured that he could use a mini-break by enjoying a chocolate chip cookie. And so I went and bough him a cookie, gave it to him, wished him a good day, and then moved along. He just sat there dumbfounded with what just happened. It was a cool moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment