Friday, August 19, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 166

1. Made a disc of music for another student
                  So this was an early Christmas present for a student that I have been mentoring at school the past couple of weeks. I know the style that he likes, so I picked similar songs and burned them to a cd for him. The great thing is that when I gave him the cd he then told me that he was passing his English & Language Arts class and found a good book to read over the break - So yeah! This was like a present for me too!

2. Got a custodians a card to celebrate the birth of a grandchild
                  She was so happy to share this news with everyone, that I was so happy to write a congrats card! She really is a nice person to have working at my school. Extremely friendly & hard working!

3. Gave another teacher a winter item
            This particular teacher really likes the wintertime - it is her favorite season. In her classroom she has different knick-knacks with snow flakes & snowmen. Even her teaching stool has snowflakes on it. So when I saw this writing note pad with little snowflakes as a watermark design on it - I new exactly who needed this.

4. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another teacher
             This particular teacher has spent the past couple of days filling out paperwork for various students to nominate them for different special community based awards. The kids that are being nominated are really fantastic kids, but I was really thankful that this teacher to the time. It was really thoughtful of him.

5. Helped another teacher look for a missing school item
             This was a particularly expensive calculator that belonged her to math supervisor - so it was really important that we found it. After an hour of searching the entire school, we found it - in her teaching bag :-)
At least it was found!

No comments:

Post a Comment