Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 152

1. Gave another teacher a funny item to cheer her up
              This other teacher was really worried about her father and the recent illness that he has developed. I hate seeing people in distraught and being upset. So anything that I can do or say to cheer them up in a funny way - I'm on it. Besides, I have really started to become close to this particular staff member. She has done the same for me in the past couple of weeks.

2. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to an administrator
           So I have been working on some special paperwork in nominating another teacher for a special spring county teacher award. This particular administrator has been so kind in giving up some of his time in finding specific information that I need in order to finish her paperwork. In addition, he has proof read the application and nominating questions/answers. It was the least that I could in writing him a thank you note for his extra time and patience. Oh, I also included some homemade goodies to show my appreciation.

3. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to another teacher for covering my class
                Today's adventures brought on a student/parent/school meeting concerning special accommodations and modifications that were needed to be added to his regular classes. In a way this meeting was really good because I got to meet the parent, show them all of the wonderful things that he is doing in my class, and hear first hand who I can improve on in order to make learning for him more accessible. On the other hand, it was a bit intimidating because not all of the accommodations could be met within our school and you could sense the frustration from the parent. Either way, it was a meeting that I had to attend and another teacher was so helpful in taking care of my regularly scheduled class while I was away. A thank you note and a piece of candy was called for.

4. Wrote an encouraging note to another staff member
             So this note went to the facilitator who ran this parent/student/school meeting. As much as I could sense the frustration of the parent trying to get all of the services that her son needed, I could also sense the frustration of this particular case worker in trying to explain what the school could provide. She looked exhausted at the end of the meeting - both physically and emotionally.

5. Helped organize information and folders for an after school meeting
        This particular staff member looked very overwhelmed and I had some free time to spend. It was easy to help organize - this is where my OCD kicks in and is a benefit towards others - organizational skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment