Friday, August 26, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 173

1. Picked up trash in parking lot of store
          It was wet & cold from the light snow, but it didn't belong there in the parking lot. It belong in a trash can and so that is where I put it. Easy.

2. Gave tea packets to church staff
             There are a couple of women at church that I know that do not like the taste of coffee, but prefer the flavored tea instead. So prior to worship service tonight, I went and bought a box of mixed tea packets for them to have - to warm them up now that the winter season has completely settled in.

3. Cleaned up some spilled soda on restaurant floor
               Also prior to going to worship service tonight, I took my son out for a quick dinner. It was at a fast food place so that he could get his regular Wednesday night Happy Meal. Oh, if you are wondering - I only a flavored Iced Coffee. Anyway, while waiting for his order to finish processing, I noticed that there was some spilled soda on the floor by the one trash can. It wasn't a whole like but enough to make your shoe a little sticky. So I grabbed some napkins and easily cleaned it up. Again - easy.

4. Handed out Bibles at church and welcomed new visitors
             Since it is the holiday season, we always get visitors joining our various services. They are really there to be with their families - but it is nice that they also want to worship in our area. So tonight there was an extended family of visitors at the service. I welcomed them with the service bulletin & made sure that they had their Bible for the passage reading. Nice family. Hope they come around again.

5. Put together a birthday present & card for band musician
              It's nice to celebrate birthdays of others & his often gets overlooked/forgotten with it being in between Christmas and New Year's. Anyway, I got him a can of mixed nuts & a card that I had the rest of the band members to sign. After the service we sang "Happy Birthday" to him - it was like he was 4 years old again - well, he turned 59 but sometimes has the spirit of a young one.

No comments:

Post a Comment