Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 153

1. Complimented another teacher in how they looked
               They had a really nice new sweater on - red - I guess she was feeling festive for the holiday spirit. Anyway, she looked really nice. It's nice to receive compliments - also nice to give too!

2. Helped set up the stage for another music ensemble rehearsal
               So I normally have band class on the stage every day and lately I have been having full band rehearsal because my 6th grade group has a concert next week. Anyway, the orchestra students needed to have time to also rehearse on the stage. So I helped the orchestra teacher set up for his rehearsal as well as switch rooms with him so that my band classes could still occur.

3. Cleaned up the girl's bathroom
                It took less than 1 minute to pick up the paper towels that were accidentally dropped on the floor. I also cleaned the bathroom up because this is the closest facility to the auditorium and there is a chorus concert there tonight. I just wanted it to be clean for everyone.

4. Let another car go ahead of me
                I was waiting at a red stop light and noticed that there was a car who has been patiently waiting to make a left hand turn. So there was no one behind me and I just backed up a little - enough to let the person out and ahead of me.

5. Participated in a "Make-A-Wish" Foundation Holiday Activity
               This was a cool little activity during lunch time today. If the students wanted to participated all they had to do was to write 'Santa' a letter and give a dollar to get it processed/mailed to the North Pole. So since this was a simple fundraiser and all of the proceeds go to this special foundation - I decided to write a couple of letters and donate around $5. Simple, but good & worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment