Wednesday, August 17, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 164

1. Brought in various Holiday presents for different staff members
               So it is a few days before our Christmas/Winter break and I don't know who is looking forward to this more - the students or the staff? Anyway, I just wanted to get some small presents for various people that are really nice and wonderful - simple chocolate bars, homemade cookies, cards, etc. I really like the staff that I work with and just wanted to wish them a wonderful holiday season.

2. Picked up trash in the auditorium prior to tonight's concert
               So the orchestra has this holiday/winter concert tonight and the auditorium was looking a little disheveled. During a break, I went out and picked up the various pieces of trash and straighten up the chairs so that it would look nice for the students and their families.

3. Tracked down a student to return materials to him
             He left his math spiral notebook in the desk of my classroom. So after class I quickly caught up to him as he was walking to math and gave him his information. I just didn't want him to get into trouble in the next class. He's a really good kid - just a little forgetful every once and awhile. Aren't we all sometimes?

4. Returned a box of tissues in my room to another teacher
             So I had another teacher in my room earlier today who was just watching the activities that my students were doing with the pianos. Apparently, she has a slight cold and brought her own box of tissues. However, she was suddenly asked to attend a meeting in the front office, but left the tissue box behind in my room. It was no big deal in returning this supply + plus with a piece of candy.

5. Picked up toys for another child at doctor's office
            So I had to take my son back to the doctors this afternoon for a recheck. He has this STREP thing that is has been continuous and just when we think that we have it taken care of - a few days later it's back full stream. Anyway, the doctor's office always has some knick-knack of toys for the small kids to play with while they & their parents are waiting. Well, while we waited, I went around and gathered up the bits to put in the original container. Easy to do in order to help the other staff members.

No comments:

Post a Comment