Friday, July 1, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 96

1. Gave a balloon to another teacher of his favorite football team
                    So there is a really nice Spanish teacher that works in my school. Not only does he know a lot about this culture, but he is also an Eagles football fanatic. Yesterday I joked with him about their recently football game loss. I don't know if he took things personally or if he sensed that I was joking, but when I saw this balloon hanging in the grocery story by the registers - I knew that it needed to belong to him.

2. Helped moved chairs around the room for another teacher
               She was rearranging her room for a special activity with her students. Personally, I share my room with another teacher - so I rarely get to change the make up the seating arrangements. But I know that when I am setting the room up for the beginning of the year or setting & resetting the stage - moving chairs around can be both time consuming and physically exhausting if you have to do it several times. I just wanted to help someone else out.

3. Gave mine and extra coupons to the local teacher's store to another staff member
                This other staff member was talking about visiting the store this up coming weekend because it will be closing soon. So knowing that she was already going - I was trying to find as many coupons for her to use as possible to help with the cost of the materials that she wanted to buy to use with her students. I hope that this helps!

4. Bought breakfast for another student
               So one of my student helpers in the morning was talking about how tired he was from his soccer practice last night. He even told me that he was so tired that he slept in and missed breakfast. So knowing a teenage boy - if you are tired and hungry, you will not be productive in school. So I went and bought him a simple school breakfast as he lay down in my room to rest (with limited lighting). I later checked in on him at lunch time - he seemed to be better.

5. Picked up trash and straighten up school's library
          The librarian had to leave early today for a meeting. The library itself wasn't trashed, but it had things out of sorts and I didn't want her to return tomorrow and have to spend time in straighten things up when she had classes to prepare for. So I just took an extra 10 minutes and when around and pushed the chairs in, picked up the bits and pieces on floor, returned books, reset up the books that were knocked over on the shelves,etc. Simple things that would make the library look nice and help her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment